Sample Preparation and Manufacturing
The preparation of specimens and the sampling of specimens from components or plates can influence the determined material parameters of polymers.
We are happy to advise and support you in the appropriate manufacturing of specimens. For this we organise e.g. the injection moulding of specimens or plates as per your request.
For extracting samples we can avail ourselves of different tools and methods:
- removing the shoulders of multipurpose test specimens (type 1A according to DIN EN ISO 725), also called dump-bell specimen or Dog Bone specimen with the standardised geometry 80 mm x 10 mm x 4 mm
- sampling of strip specimens of various geometries
- Extracting damaged areas e.g. for light microscopic investigations within damage analyses
- Punching of films and elastomers
- specimen type 5 according to DIN EN ISO 527-3
- specimen type S1, S2, S3 and S3A according DIN 53504
- specimen type 5, type 5A and type 1BA according DIN EN ISO 527
- specimen type S1 according DIN 53504
- for manufacturing of cyclic specimens with various diameters
For the manufacturing of particular sample geometries we work together with specialists, e.g. for waterjet cutting of specimens.
Furthermore, we have a wide range of notching knifes for a specified realisation of notches:
- type A (0.25 mm)
- type B (1 mm)
- type C (0.10 mm)
- Razorblade notches